Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oscar Time

It's been a proud moment for INDIA with our own A R Rahman winning the Oscar not just once but twice for his work in Slumdog Millionaire.I couldn't have felt more happier.While my hands were scribbling on my test papers that morning,my mind was filled with thoughts about Oscar.Couldn't wait to get out of the hall to check my messages. And there it was, we did it. I was happy ,just happy then.But as the feeling started to sink in, I started thinking more about this. What makes Oscars special?Is Oscar the only recognition a person can be weighed upon? and more and more... I discover one thing,this Oscar is like a rumour.People like it, they like to hear about it, wait to hear more about it and it is celebrated as an occasion.'Jai ho' is great, but i can bet many wil agree that A R Rahman's Roja is beyond comparison.Then why didn't Roja get the Oscars? Maybe it didn't get the exposure like Slumdog..Our Indian Cinema is filled with diversity,creativity and brimming with talent. At least let this Oscar bring the world eye's on our country. JAI HO

2 comments:

  1. sad that u din mention rasool!
    indian cinemas not getting oscar could have a practical explanation. any movie made in a language other than english wud contest only in best foreign movie category or so i believe. that makes it one category and the whole word as competition :)
    do update ur blog more frequently :)

    ReplyDelete