Monday, January 19, 2009

Whats in the name

I have wondered sometimes why some people name their children after their parents.In foreign countries it is pretty common to find the younger ones surnamed junior. Lets consider Mr X here.He has a son,he is named X Junior.We have seen sooooo many Henry's and Queen Elizabeth's.This tradition is much prevalent in India for a long time. Many of us might have been named after our grandfather or grandmother. I didnt care much about it,until last week when i came to know that i had another name.I was also named after both my grandmothers. A combination of first half of thier names. Iam the kind of person who says parents name thier chidren after thier parents in order to scold them. And in my case iam clear my parent took no side:)

No comments:

Post a Comment